How Cricket Develops Good Sportsmanship Among Children
Cricket is a sport that brings happiness to every Indian household. When deciding on a sport for your children, cricket is one of the best options for teamwork, determination, and good sportsmanship. It is a fun, social game that is easy to learn.
Describing Cricket to a Preschooler, with the Help of Shapes
- Cricket is a Game of Bat and Ball
- In an Oval shaped ground
- The ground has a narrow Rectangular strip called a Pitch in the middle
- With 11 players in one team, competing with the other team
- A Coin is tossed, to decide which team is going to Bat and Ball
3 Elements of Cricket
Batting develops Hand-Eye Coordination and Batting Techniques. Batting helps in building concentration for hitting a ball and coordinating hands and legs to hit it.
Balling is the art of throwing a ball from a distance with a certain aim. Cricket for kids, especially balling, develops concentration and coordination in the right direction.
Fielding brings the team together to throw and catch the ball to win a game. Quick responses and social skills matter in the game of fielding.
Impact of Cricket on kids
- Physical Fitness- Any kids outdoor activity brings physical fitness in check. Choosing cricket for kids is a good option. It helps in developing health and fitness from a young age.
2. Social Skills- Children who play together, learn together. Cricket is a sport that helps in improving social skills. When 11 members of the team play with the other team, children develop communication skills.
3. Good Sportsmanship- To be able to treat the other person in a fair and equal manner, tells that you have good sportsmanship. Children should learn to be true sportsmen for greater opportunities.
4. Builds Resilience- Cricket for kids comes as a method of building resilience. Adapting oneself to adverse conditions just to win a game for the whole team is a skill to acclimate.
5. Concentration & Coordination- A game where the player has to concentrate & coordinate simultaneously, is a game of Cricket. Good Sportsmanship comes when the players are well-coordinated and concentrated on their game.
5 Abilities That Develop through Cricket
- Good Hand-Eye Coordination
- Ability to throw and catch an object
- Teamwork & Coordination
- Ability to concentrate for a longer period
- Patience & Discipline
(Also, Read: 8 EDUCATIONAL TOYS THAT BENEFIT IN YOUR CHILD’S DEVELOPMENT )