Healthy foods to beat the summer heat for kids during vacation
When the mercury starts rising, our internal body temperature also rises which leads to dehydration, tiredness, restlessness, and irritation. Only drinking gallons of water doesn’t help. The best way to add freshness to your body is by eating a healthy summer meal. The most challenging task would be to serve a healthy summer meal as an appealing and delicious meal to kids. No worries!
Here is a list of healthy foods to beat the summer heat:-
Curd contains protein, calcium, minerals, and vitamins which makes it healthy. It is one of the most healthy foods to beat the summer heat as it gives a cooling impact to the body. It is quite beneficial for gut health. Curd should be a part of healthy summer meals for kids. It can be consumed in several ways such as Raita, buttermilk, shrikhand, and many more.
Curd tastes amazing as it is naturally, but some kids don’t like it that way, so here are a few recipes to inculcate curd in a healthy summer diet:-
- Choose any 2-3 fruits that are your child’s favorite, chop them, or take out their pulp and add them to curd. It’ll change the taste of curd and kids will find it yummy
- Mix curd with simply cooked rice and feed it to the child.
- Boil the beetroot, mash it, and add it to the curd. You may add a pinch of salt and pepper to enhance the taste.
- You can smoothen the curd and make buttermilk/lassi, be it sweet or salty.
Summer brings a number of fruits with it such as citrus fruits and hydrating fruits. Seasonal fruits are rich in vitamins A, B, C, D, E, and K which soothe the nerves, reduce inflammation and maintain the water level of the body.
Fruits help to fight hydration and to improve our immunity system by enhancing iron absorption. Fruits like watermelon, mango, melons, pineapple, and many more should be a part of healthy summer meals for kids.
It is extremely important to keep yourself hydrated during the summer season. Drinking water is quite boring and insufficient too. You need to inculcate a few beverages to attain a healthy summer diet. A few healthy drinks are listed below:-
- Coconut water
- Fresh fruit juice
- Homemade flavored milk
4. Green vegetables
Green vegetables are rich in antioxidants, fibers, vitamins, and minerals. They are the best healthy foods to beat the summer heat, henceforth must be a part of your summer diet.
With the benefits of vegetables, there comes the taste which the kids are not very fond of, so to help you with the same here are a few recipes:-
- To stay as cool as cucumber- you can add it raw to the salad or grate it and add it to curd to make raita.
- Boil vegetables, mash them, and add to the dough. Make paratha and feed them.
- Add chopped vegetables and cheese to the bread and make a delicious sandwich.
You may find it astonishing that Corn adds to be an important part of healthy foods to beat the summer heat. It is one of the most nutritious foods to eat during summer as it is rich in fiber, minerals, and vitamins A, B, and E. It is used around the world to make soups, sauces, and many finger-licking delicacies.
Summer is eagerly awaited by kids to enjoy vacations. To maintain the same spirit throughout the whole season, it is important for you to feed your child healthy foods to beat the summer heat. You should avoid eating oily, spicy, and hot foods as the temperature soars.