Let’s Beat the Heat – This Summer
The heat is on and it’s too hot everywhere. Heat waves are nothing new in India but its effect has worsened in past years to make it hotter and more uncomfortable. Andhra Pradesh and Telangana are the worst hit states in India. Due to the temperature rise in many parts of the country, we become vulnerable to sweating, exhaustion, sunburn, dehydration, and heat stroke. This year heat waves are so intense that it is impossible to sit comfortably outside. The death toll climbed nearly to 2200 people this year in India.
Please consider the below strategies to beat the heat and to stay cool, comfortable & hydrated:
- Drink lot of water, at least eight glasses of water a day and natural fruit juices
- Wear light color and loose fitting clothes (preferably cotton), it help sour body to maintain normal temperature
- If you don’t have air conditioner, keep the blinds closed of your home, but keep the window slight open
- Avoid heavy and oily food
- Turn off unnecessary lights, TV and laptop or any other unused appliance because they generate heat
- Morning exercise will keep you fit & healthy
- Bath or shower regularly with cold or mild water
- Eat fresh salad like cucumber, it is good to eat in summers
- Good intake of summer fruits like water melon, melon, coconut are beneficial
- Keep the ten little fingers of your foot cool because they are pretty sensitive to temperature
- Avoid wearing heavy, tight and dark clothes because they absorb too much of heat
- Don’t expose your skin directly to the sun
- Avoid eating at open food stalls
- Avoid consuming too much of coffee, soft drinks and tea as well
- Stay away from outdoor activities, as it will result into too much of exhaustion and dehydration.
Hey readers enjoy the summers and let’s beat the heat by following the things I have shared with you. I have shared some points but there can be more ways to avoid the heat waves, please share the points with us. Enjoy the season instead of becoming a victim and be safe.